Margin order in derivatives gives you an option to carry forward the open position to the next trading day. It also allows to square off the position on the same day. Generally the traders looking to carry forward the derivatives position for next trading day opts for margin order.
How does it work?
- Log into your trading account with your user id and password
- Click on Derivatives and then click on Buy/Sell & Exchange as NSE
- Select the company & Product as Margin
- Enter the type of order, lot size and price of the scrip (whether market order or limit order)
- Click on Know your Margin to calculate the margin requirement and place order
- Track your Order status in Order Book
Is this product available for both Future and Option contract?
- Yes. All the contract available on the NSE exchange are available under Margin order
For which contracts in Futures and Options can I trade under margin product?
- Futures and Options contracts have a maximum of 3-month trading cycle – the Near month (one), Next month (two) and Far month (three). At any point in time, there will be 3 contracts available for trading in the market (for each security) i.e Near, Next and Far.
Can Margin product be used for square off transaction on the same day?
- Yes. Margin order provides flexibility to carry forward the position to next day or squaring off the position on the same day.
Who decides the margin requirement for derivatives contract?
- Margins in derivatives segment vary from contract to contract and is decided by the exchange on daily basis.